Tags

, ,

Contributed by Philip Crush

The Borough's Mayor, Councillor Mrs Ann Heames unveils the plaque.

 

This blue plaque, our sixteenth, has been fixed to the Station Booking Office. It was unveiled by the Borough’s Mayor, Councillor  Mrs Ann Heames, on Saturday   11th September. The plaque commemorates the opening of the station in 1837 and the Coronation steam engine 6220’s 114 mph “run” in 1937.

Advertisements